The purposes of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of New Zealand (from the October 2015 Rules) are:
1. To promote the application of human factors/ergonomics knowledge
2. To advance human factors/ergonomics research, education, public awareness and professional standards
3. To perform any actions necessary or helpful to the above purposes.
The HFESNZ is enacting the society aims via a range of current projects. These include:
- Growing the website to bring information about human factors and ergonomics to the public.
- Growing membership, and membership services and systems.
- Bringing human factors/ergonomics educational opportunities to members and other interested persons via webinars and other events
- The provision of regular conferences and regional meetings
- Monthly member newsletters and communications.
- Subscription access to the UK's CIEHF magazine 'The Ergonomist'.
- Actively working with the Health and Safety Association of New Zealand (HASANZ) to raise professional standards across the health and safety sector to provide healthier and safer workplaces for New Zealanders.
- Active Healthcare Ergonomics Cluster.
- Contributing to WorkSafe NZ (and other government agency) guidance documents and plannning activities.